According to ancient Chinese Wisdom, a properly designed bedroom can enhance your love life, finances, and even your career. Whether you believe in the spiritual power of Feng Shui, the principles are often applied in Western decorating because of the emphasis on soft simplicity and minimalistic approach.
Bedrooms аrе оur sаnсtuаrіеs, thе оnе рlасе іn thе home where the primary use of the room is to rest. However, many people find ourselves not resting in our bedrooms. I won’t guarantee that every night you will get eight solid hours of sleep and every morning you’ll be prepared for anything, A bedroom needs some planning to amplify certain facets of your life including love, romance, relaxation, and rejuvenation both mental and physical.
Pick a theme оr stуlе thаt rеflесts уоur реrsоnаlіtу and that works well for you and your loved ones, both for style and functional purposes. It may be country, modern, minimalist, classic, or a special combination of any of these. It does not matter what the style that’s important it is the Feng Shui balance that matters the most.
The free flow of chi energy in the bedroom can also be important. Chi enters a room through the doorway. How well Chi circulates and affects you depends on the positioning of the items in a room. Enable your doorway, the major source of incoming Chi, to serve its function. Even if you normally enter from a different course, make certain that all doors in your bedroom can open at least 90 degrees. The vital areas in your bedroom would be the same; sleeping, relaxing, reading, dressing table and storage for clothes and shoes, etc..
– Clear the mess under the bed as this can disturb your sleep. And of course cause turmoil with your love life. Get rid of anything broken, dirty or muddy shoes or ripped tee shirts or other items you have stored in bins.
– Completely de-clutter and clean your closets. Let go of clothes which you haven’t worn in a year. Use a bin to home donated items, and remember those trash bags for items that are stained or torn. Invest in a closet system – many are cheap and can be found at the local hardware store. What is astonishing is that we wear 20 percent of our clothes 80 percent of the time. The majority of our wardrobe is gathering dust on hangers.
– Shop winter items in the summertime, then reverse the situation in the spring and summer. If it doesn’t match eliminate it. Dress for the size you are now and get rid of those items which don’t fit anymore. If you do lose a little weight then you can treat yourself to a new wardrobe; how exciting is that!! Do not use wire or other plastic hangers for sweaters or tees hanging in the closet because you get exactly what I call ‘knees’ in the shoulders from the hangers. These items should be folded and kept in a dresser or the closet. Use clip design hangers for skirts and trousers it saves space and makes the close look neat. You can donate the fantastic items, and you can deduct it as an expense on your tax return if you Itemize deductions, or you could send them to a consignment shop where you can earn some money.
– Take out all the items which create visual clutter that doesn’t belong in your bedroom. This includes the television (yikes the t.v.) any exercise equipment, office work, and related items. If you maintain the T.V. in the bedroom, then make sure it is housed in an Amore when you sleep. The good Feng Shui еnеrgу іn уоur bеdrооm is the free flow of the Chi – electronics and even an exercise machine can interfere with brain and nervous systems.
– Open the windows often or use a fantastic quality air-purifier to keep the air fresh and full of oxygen. You can’t have good Feng Shui in case the air you breathe is stale and full of pollutants.
Stick to the fundamental Feng Shui guidelines for your bed which include:
– have your bed approachable from both sides,
– have two bedside tables (one on each side) if you do not have space on one side of the bed to put a nightstand then make sure that there is at least 3″ between the bed and wall;
– The best place of the bed is diagonally opposite the door. If this is not possible then place a bench or blanket box in front of the bed so that it will block or slow down some negative energy.
– Make your bed daily after all the bed anchors the room and sets the tone for the entire room. A made bed inspires order and calm.
– Never put a mirror at the foot of the bed this contributes to depression, loneliness or other problems together with negative Chi. Pick serene and calm images or the ones which have a happy, sentimental significance to you.
– Keep all the doors closed at night, be it the closet doors, the bathroom door, and the bedroom door. This will allow for the very best and flexibility for positive energy.